Maintenance of the air support structure
1. An essential structural element of the VOS is air with a slight compression ratio. The air is compressed to a predetermined degree by means of a centrifugal fan. For normal operation of the VOS in calm weather, an excess air pressure of 100 is required..200Pa (10..20 mm. v. st.). A decrease in pressure indicates an unacceptable increase in air leaks. The change in the excess pressure in the shell is controlled by the emergency air injection unit.
2. In stormy weather, starting with a wind force of 5 m / s and with heavy snowfall, the air pressure inside the VOS must be increased to 200..250Pa (20..25 mm. v. st.). The pressure increase is carried out by turning on an additional fan or increasing the speed of the main fan (see the Operating instructions for the air treatment system).
3. In extreme cases, it is allowed to increase the excess pressure in the VOS to 300Pa (30 mm.v.st.).
4. If the structure is not heated, then mechanical cleaning of the newly fallen snow (cover thickness from 10 cm) is necessary.
5. The emergency air supply unit provides air supply when the overpressure in the VOS drops to a certain value. The amount of fuel in the tank must be sufficient for the operation of the unit during the entire period of emergency operation of the VOS, but not less than 12 hours.
6. With the deterioration of indoor air quality due to dust, smoke or intense solar radiation should increase ventilation in VOS with vent valves, and in extreme cases with emergency exit doors. A constant check of the overpressure is necessary in this case.
7. The entrance to the VOS is carried out through the "Turntable" gateways, the use of emergency exit doors is allowed only in extreme cases (skidding/removal of long objects, emergency evacuation) for a short time up to 1 minute.
8. In order to avoid damage to the VOS shell in the event of unplanned subsidence, the equipment located in the VOS, such as masts, etc., must be equipped with deflectors, ball pads, skids, etc., sharp objects must be removed.
9. Materials or equipment stored in the VOS must be stored with a minimum distance of 1 m from the shell. In places of air ducts and doorways, they should be placed 5 m to the left and right of these openings at a distance of 2 m from the shell.
10. It is not allowed to place fire-hazardous materials inside the VOS.
Requirements for persons working with VOS
1. Employees and visitors of the VOS should be familiarized with the design features of the VOS and safety rules.
2. For each VOS, it is necessary to identify a responsible person with the following responsibilities:
- organization of the operating mode of the VOS in accordance with the operating manual of the VOS;
- familiarization of employees and visitors with the features of VOS;
- provision of fire prevention measures in the VOS;
- organization of round-the-clock duty in the VOS;
- supervision of the maintenance, care and maintenance of VOS.
1. The most important points of the operating manual should be formulated in the form of a memo and posted in clearly visible places in the VOS.
2. Depending on the type of use of the VOS, this instruction should be supplemented taking into account the specifics of the use of the VOS.
In the event of a fire, all persons should immediately leave the VOS, call the fire brigade and, under the guidance of the fire protection officer, take action to extinguish the fire.
It is necessary to control the overpressure in the VOS and prevent its unacceptable increase by opening the emergency doors or turning off the fans.
Welding work inside the VOS is allowed to be carried out in compliance with the relevant safety rules and not closer than 1 m from the shell.
It is necessary to make a plan of actions in emergency situations. It should contain the following items:
• designation of emergency exits and escape routes
• procedure for evacuation from VOS;
• informing the responsible person on fire protection and safety;
• in stormy weather, it is necessary to take under observation neighboring buildings and objects in terms of their unreliably fixed elements that pose a danger to the VOS when they are disrupted;
• monitoring the height of the snow cover and the deformation of the VOS shell and measures to clean up, accumulate snow or increase the resistance of the VOS.
1. Daily visual monitoring of the condition of fastening the shell to the foundation;
2. Control of the temperature and flow of hot water in the winter period; visual control of the units of the air preparation unit and the emergency air injection unit.
3. Weekly monitoring start-up of the emergency air injection unit; monitoring of dustiness of air filters if they are available, cleaning or replacement if necessary.
4. Monthly monitoring of shell and places unplanned air leaks; control installations; control the availability and status of the memo manual.
Events to care for the VOS should include:
• Dry cleaning of all installations;
• Completeness check;
• Check the condition and arrange for replacement of damaged parts;
• Performing anti-corrosion protection.
• The frequency of these activities depends on the operating mode of the VOS. You should also take into account the care instructions provided in the documentation for the relevant parts of the VOS.
Repair of the VOS shell
1. Repair work must be provided under a contract with the manufacturer. This applies to both the shell and the attachment of the shell to the foundation, entrance gateways.
2. When repairing damage to the shell, follow the following instructions:
• The shell material is a technical textile with a double-sided polyvinyl chloride coating, the coating also contains several protective layers. To repair the shell, use the same material. For this purpose, the manufacturer of VOS includes in the supply the material of the VOS shells. This material must be stored. To repair the shells, a special polyurethane-based adhesive must be applied.
• Damages up to 1m in size are repaired by external and internal gluing of patches, taking into account the overlap of the gust by at least 10cm.
• Before gluing, the inner and outer surfaces of the shell must be cleaned in the cut area and degreased with acetone or ethyl acetate and then allowed to dry.
• The repair patch and the corresponding surface of the inner side of the VOC are twice smeared with glue using a brush with a break of 15..20 minutes. Then the patch is applied to the glue-coated surface of the inner side of the shell and rolled to it. The surface is heated to a temperature of 70..80 С C and lapped with a prepared piece of wood or fluoroplast, having a surface at the end of 20 mm in length and 2 mm in width.
• Similarly, after this, the repair patch is pasted on the outer side of the VOS shell.
3. The application of patches on the inner shell of a double-layer VOS is allowed to be performed only on one side.